Zambian Man Engages Gilfriend On Prolight Plane On Valentine

Zambian Man Engages Gilfriend On Prolight Plane On Valentine

Lusaka, Zambia – Love was in the air for first-time flyers Twambo Kumwenda and Christine Nando this month when they got engaged in front of 50 passengers on board a Proflight flight from Lusaka to Livingstone.
The romantic computer University of Zambia (UNZA) computer lab technician went down on bended-knee to propose to his sweetheart as the airline’s CRJ jet cruised at 28,000 feet, and of course Christine said yes, much to the delight of fellow passengers who cheered and clapped their approval of the couple.
The couple’s two-for-one Valentine’s Special flight to remember did not end there, however, and Proflight Marketing Manager Hellen Mwamba and Customer Relations staff Petronella Chanda and Lughano Theo later tracked them down on Valentine’s Day back in Lusaka, surprising them with an engagement gift of two tickets from Lusaka to Durban, along with a bouquet of roses.
“We are humbled by the airlines gesture, there are no words we can say but thank you,” said Twambo, who had planned his grand mid-air gesture with meticulous detail, enlisting the help of Proflight cabin attendant Pharles Vumo, who called him up to the front of the aircraft to make his proposal
“While the aircraft took off in mid-air, Proflight’s Pharles called out: ‘Twambo, please come to the public-address system’. It was not really easy but I got to the front and called out Christine to come to the front as well,” narrated Twambo.
“It was not easy to stand before 48 passengers on-board the plane and make the marriage proposal to my fiancée. But because I love her too much I gathered the confidence to do it. When I was getting on the plane I spoke to the flight attendant about my plan. The flight attendant was so nice that she let me go ahead.”
Christine, who is a fourth-year student at UNZA studying library and information science and public administration, said: “I had a hunch that this was coming, but I didn’t expect it to be on board the plane. I know Twambo to be shy when it comes to facing crowds, but he shocked my mind when he proposed in the aircraft. I was astonished, and as surprised as the other 48 passengers on-board the aircraft.”
The couple have been dating for more than three years and have known each other for more than six years. The couple’s families traditionally met last year in December to make headway with the couple’s plans to marry.
“Our heartiest congratulations to Twambo and Christine from all of us at Proflight Zambia,” said Mrs Mwamba. “We wish them all the best for the future and look forward to welcoming them on board our aircraft on many more occasions as they journey through life together.”

12 Responses to "Zambian Man Engages Gilfriend On Prolight Plane On Valentine"

1. eshu   February 15, 2017 at 1:32 pm

Good luck

2. tutu   February 15, 2017 at 2:05 pm

well,sounds too tacky if you ask me..am sure some passengers were just hoping for a quiet none eventful flight, not for pretentious love birds to rub their pretentious love in their faces….anyway I wish all the best and hope they get to a true meaningful love life together, tired of all the divorces and cheating

3. Unsaviour Chishimba   February 16, 2017 at 1:20 am

Ifyabupubafye. And the airline allowed such stoopid things during working hours?

4. Mzee Hekima   February 16, 2017 at 9:27 am

Some people breath negative, think negative, eat negative, walk negative and will die negative. For once wish others well it will not kill you. Congratulations Twaambo remain well.

5. Mabvuto   February 16, 2017 at 10:46 am

Even when devorcing please get on the same plane and propose to devorce

6. tutu   February 16, 2017 at 4:41 pm

lol twaambo kikikikikikikiki,I used to know a girl called twaambo, she was so fat,we used to laugh at her and bully her all day long kikikikikiki, primary school lol good times! I wonder what she’s upto now or if she is still fat

7. BENARD   February 17, 2017 at 2:13 pm

CONGRATULATIONS TO TWAMBO AND CHRISTINE. THIS TIME IS ENGAGEMENT NEXT WILL BE WEDDING. FRIENDS, MARRIAGE IS THE WORD OF GOD, PLEASE WHEREVER IT WILL BE INVOLVE A SERVANT OF GOD – PASTOR TO BLESS YOU. NOT A FLIGHT ATTENDANT.
    THE LORD JESUS CHRIST BE GRACIOUS TO YOU.

8. Prince Mande   February 17, 2017 at 2:34 pm

Now that’s I call “Love in the skies”. To Twambo and Christine I say congratulations and all the best.

9. nchimunya   February 17, 2017 at 5:21 pm